Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Ministry???

Hey for those of you who read my Sunday post and are waiting to meet our newest addition, Sorry to disappoint but I haven't gotten the picture yet. I can hardly wait to get it!!
       I've been wondering for a while now just how does God want me to serve him? What is my ministry? God calls each and everyone of his children to serve him in some way or another and I wasn't sure what mine was. Until now. I really believe that at this point in my life, my ministry is kids. You see, I babysit for 4, I have 2 of my own and I write to 3 sponsor children. It really makes sense that this would be my ministry. On top of all that I feel that I would like to be a Sunday school teacher. Kids as my ministry seems strange to me cause I did NOT ever want to have kids. That is until I met my husband. I always thought that kids were time consuming, money consuming, they ruin your body, make your hair turn grey, need I say more? They were definitely not part of my life plan nor would they fit into my lifestyle. I had it all (or so I thought). I had a career, a clean house, no stretch marks ( also known as mommy tattoos), and lots and lots of free time. I could do whatever I wanted. Go for coffee, go shopping, work late, It really didn't matter. I just had a husband at home to take care of and well he's a grown man so he really didn't need me much. Besides he liked to hang out with the guys. But after we were married and we were settled in our roles as husband and wife I realized that I WAS BORED!! On Saturday mornings when he would sleep in and I'd be up early I had no idea what to do. So I would try to find something on the T.V. to watch, do a bit of house cleaning, anything to keep me entertained. So we talked and decided to wait a year before we would try for a baby. Well, God really had kids in mind for me cause it didn't take long at all and Boom! Ok now what? Well you get fat (really fat in my case), your whole body hurts, you can't sleep, you get "mommy tattoos", and yes the grey hair is starting. So finally the baby comes and you think it's gonna be all wine and roses, babies sleep all the time right? Nope! My firstborn was a good baby and a good sleeper but I never realized how much time they took! All I wanted was a little less free time, not all of It gone! Oh how I wished for before baby days. Then I realized that I can't change the past (not that I would have), I can only live in the now and plan for the future.
   So now that I realized my life is not up to me to plan, most things make better sense. Not that they always make perfect sense, it's just a little clearer. We just need to remember to trust God in the direction that we should go and which path to take. He won't lead us astray. Just keep checking in to see if you are where he wants you to be. Who knows maybe your ministry is about to change...

* Andrea *

4 comments:

  1. glad you decided to have kids! :) life wouldn't be the same without them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that was sure wonderful!!!
    and i loved it. :D and you have 2 awesome kids and very cute... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was sure wonderful!!!
    and i loved it. :D and you have 2 awesome kids and very cute... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Thanks. I'm very thankful that God saw fit to bless me with kids as well. Even though sometimes I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!