Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Encouraging Words

Encouragement.  Isn’t that a great word? I love it. I love what it stands for and how it makes you feel. I love how it can change a person’s outlook with just a couple of words. I love how when you hear the word, your mood instantly goes more positive.

Well, encouragement is what I have been receiving lately and man do I feel good. I have been encouraged in small, subtle ways, with simple words. With words that are meant to encourage and lift up. It has been really nice to hear and be reminded, because I have let myself believe otherwise. I have been so tired and discouraged that I found it hard to believe that I am good and useful and that I am a blessing to my family and to those around me. But through kind words from my family, friends and my church family, I have been encouraged again.

The best encouragement came this morning as I was reading my devotions. I read Proverbs chapter 31, and God showed me through that passage how much like her I really am. I Love Proverbs 31 and I think every woman should read it. The first time I read it I was very intimidated, I thought “I can never be that good”, but then slowly, I’m starting to understand that passage and how God turns us regular, everyday women into women like that. When were willing, God changes us into noble women. Women who bring Him glory, women who are a blessing to our families, women who are praised by our husbands. Women who are strong in our faith and ready to do anything in the name of Christ.

Read Proverbs 31 again today, and be encouraged. For “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” (Prov. 31:30)

 

*Andrea*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!