Thursday, April 14, 2011

Laundry. Fun?

   I never totally understood why my mom always had a table in the laundry room.
Like really, what is the point?
Your down there all by yourself folding laundry. How fun is that?

Very Very Fun!!

And SOOOOO Quiet!!!
   
     Growing up I did not enjoy folding laundry because it usually meant being in the cold, damp basement by yourself with just you and a table full of laundry. It was not exciting at all. I would have much rather brought the laundry upstairs and folded it in the living room instead of in the 'dungeon'. Our basement wasn't that bad, it was just very cold, and eerily quiet when you were down there alone and for a girl (with a very active imagination) that's a scary place to be. I mean who knows what goes on down there when nobody's around, right? Or so, I thought.
Now that I'm older however, I totally get it.
Yesterday, I put a table in my laundry room.

I...


                 LOVE...


                                             IT!

It's so quiet and peaceful down there I look forward to doing laundry! Would you believe I did 6 loads yesterday just because I have the table? I have another 2 on the go! I know how crazy this sounds! Especially from me cause I do NOT enjoy doing laundry. Just ask my husband. Almost every time I do laundry, I don't end up folding it all, or I don't hang it all. It rarely all gets done the same day. So, yesterday when he got home and I told him that I had done 6 loads and they were all folded and almost all put away, he was amazed to say the least.
So maybe, this was just what I needed to enjoy doing laundry.

Huh! Who knew?


Any Ideas on how I can enjoy washing dishes??



* Andrea *

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think one day we will get one. However, right now we just don't have the room and I don't want to give up any cupboard space. Who knows, maybe in our next house?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!