Monday, May 9, 2011

He is at Work

     What a great weekend we had! I was lucky to have my husband home on Friday for the day. So we were able to get some things done around the house and yard.
On Saturday, we had 'work day' at church. That was a lot of fun. It's nice to get together with other members of the church in a more casual setting and get to know them better. It's also nice to see what kinds of things the church needs to have done in order to keep it in good physical shape. I really enjoyed the morning that we spent helping.
On Sunday, it was Mother's day (of course, you all know). But more importantly, it was baptism day at our church. We had 5 young men profess their faith and get baptised, as well as 3 young ladies become members. It was so awesome to me to see 8 young adults on stage proclaiming their love for God. Their testimonies were very inspirational, how they shared what God has taken them from and how he is shaping and changing them. It is awesome that these young people are strong enough in their faith to recognize God at work in their lives. My prayer for them is that they will continue to seek him and continue to strengthen their faith and relationship with him. I am so excited to see how God is working in our church and how he is molding and shaping our body of believers.
  How about you? Are you constantly amazed at how God is working in your life? in your church? in other areas? I'd love to hear about it!


Have a great day!!

* Andrea *

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! Love your posts, I was sorry to have missed work day but we were gone. See you Sunday!
    -Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Lois. I'm glad that your enjoying my blog. Work day was a lot of fun! It's too bad you missed it. There's always next time!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!