Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Something To Ponder...

      In case some of you are wondering about the color change on my blog, I'm still deciding which one I like the best. So be prepared for a few changes in the next little while. I'm one of those people that can NEVER make up their mind! You know, the people that you are stuck behind at the drive thru window? The ones that take forever? That's me! I just can't make up my mind. It drives my husband crazy! Anyway, I'm working on it so that my kids hopefully wont turn out the same way.
 I should hopefully have my blog the way I want it soon.

     Yesterday, I was doing some research about  Rwanda. Seeing as how my correspondent boys are from there I thought I should educate myself. I came across something horrifying. In April 1994 there was a political genocide in Rwanda. You see, two tribes living side by side had happily gotten along until a political rebel group decided to "get rid of" the other group. There were the Huti and the Tutsi. The Huti made up about 80% of the population and the Tutsi made up about 13%. So the Huti wanted to take over the country. In 100 days approx 800,000 Tutsi were murdered! That's not the worst part, the method that they used is very disturbing. They would use machetes, clubs, guns, bombs, anything that was available. Some of these people also killed their in-laws! I was so bothered by this but I could not stop reading. I was even brave enough to look at pictures. They were images that I probably wont ever forget.
   This so disturbed me and still does but then last night I was thinking about the Old Testament. How many times did God tell David to take over an entire city and leave nobody alive? No women, babies, nobody. So now I can't help but wonder about God's hand in this. Why did it really happen? What came out of it?  What was the purpose? It's something we'll never know (at least not in this lifetime) but it is good to ponder the events that happen in the world and wonder what good will come from it. Everything that happens is because God allows it. He doesn't always start it but he allows it to happen because of the bigger picture.

It's something worth keeping in mind, next time something happens and we don't know why...


* Andrea *

2 comments:

  1. There is a movie about this - Hotel Rwanda. You should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch the movie. It was really sad. It really bothered me that no other countries helped them during that time.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!