Monday, May 30, 2011

Domestic Engineers

        Lately, I’ve been in a bit of a slump. You see, I’m just a stay-at-home mom and sometimes I just don’t feel that my job is all that important (at least according to what other women do for a living). But God has been reminding me how very important my job really is. So, I thought I’d share a bit of encouragement for those of you who are in the same spot as me.       

The other day I received a phone call from a telemarketer. When he asked what I did for a living I told him that I was a homemaker. He was from the United States and he said that down there they call them ‘Domestic Engineers’. I like the sound of that. In reality we don’t just ‘keep the home’, we keep our families.  Keeping the family is a big job and it’s not for the faint at heart. We are called to be teachers, nurses, housekeepers, head chefs, bakers, sales people, exterminators, gardeners, accountants, etc. We get to do, not just one specific job, but every job. We need to meet every need our homes and families have. It’s not an easy task, but God has made it so that it’s not too hard either. I love to read Proverbs 31:10-31. That is such an inspiring and encouraging passage, it really shows how much we women do for our families, and how important we are to our household. It also shows how our hard work pays off. We may sometimes feel that it goes unnoticed, but there is one who always knows how hard we work for our families and he will reward our hard work. Maybe not in this lifetime, but definitely in the next! 

So, lets remember that the work that we do is very important. Who knows, maybe your raising the next prime minister?

Proverbs 31:10 “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies”

Have a Wonderful Day!!

 Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!