Thursday, May 19, 2011

“Labels”

  OK, so with the beautiful sunny weather that we’ve been having, I’ve been outside a lot enjoying it. So as you may have noticed, I haven’t been posting as much.

   I have been thinking lately though about what kind of person I am. I’m trying to ‘label’(?) myself and I think I found the one that fits. I would label myself as a ‘servant’. The reason I give myself this label is because I’m happiest when I can serve someone. I just think about the jobs that I had in my past and I have the fondest memories of jobs where I could help others. I really enjoyed being a cashier, but I had even more fun when I got to help a customer find something. When the item was found, it was so exciting for me. Also as a hairstylist, I really enjoy cutting and coloring hair to help people feel better about their appearance. My current (and most important) job right now is mom & wife. I get to serve people all the time! Sometimes however, when it comes to every day household chores, I need to remember that this is another way to serve and not just ‘housework’. And I’m not serving only my family, I’m also serving God. Everything that we do for one another in Christ, we are doing for Christ.

What about you? What’s your ‘label’?

Ephesians 6:7 “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.”

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!