Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Quest For Contentment

    I am beginning a quest. Care to join me? In this quest, I hope to find many things but most of all I hope to find contentment. You see, I currently am not content. Not even a little bit. I’m also needing peace. Peace and Quiet. The kind that you don’t get when your kids are small and your house is trashed. Yes, my house is a disaster. I just get it cleaned up, and then 5 minutes later you would never know that it took me an hour to clean it. Take last night for instance, I put my kids to bed and then I spent a good hour and vacuumed and washed my floors. I thought it was a brilliant idea, doing it after the kids were in bed. However, I forgot about the dog. My dog is as messy as my kids. She leaves her toys everywhere, and she also sheds so I have to keep on top of that too. So, this morning when I woke up, I vacuumed again.

Anyway, back to my quest for contentment. I have been feeling lately that I would like to do something (anything!) different. I’m not sure what though. I would love to move to the ocean, or buy a big old historical house somewhere in the country (it could even be in a different country) and maybe restore it or just enjoy it’s beauty, I would also love to go on a missions trip, or just go away for a weekend to do some shopping. I have thought and prayed about many things, but I have not been led to do any of them. So, I just have to wonder, what am I supposed to be doing? Where does God want me? Every time I ask that question, the only thing that comes to mind is ‘right here’. Here is where he wants me, right in the middle of my life, raising my kids, being a wife to my husband, and building my relationship with Christ. But ‘here’ is not where I want to be right now. I’ve been ‘here’ for so long with so little change that I’m getting bored/restless. So that makes ‘here’ a difficult place for me to be. Maybe that’s why I’m supposed to stay ‘here’, maybe that means that I’m growing and soon He will move me and use me in the way He (not I) has planned. Maybe I’m being tested to see if I can ‘keep the faith’. I don’t know. All I know is that I’m where (I think) he wants me to be and I need to accept it and do my best to be content. So, I will continue to be ‘here’ and keep bringing my discontent to Him cause only he knows what my future holds.

How have you been lately? Are you content with your place in life? I would love to hear from you.

Psalm 119:35 “Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.”

*Andrea*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!