Saturday, April 16, 2011

Anticipation

  OK, so It's been almost three months since we started sponsoring little Alejandro. I'm eagerly (if not impatiently) awaiting his first letter to me. I check my mail almost every day in hopes that I will find that special envelope that will make this all more real for me. I see his picture on my fridge countless times every day and I just feel so much love for him, my 'son' in Honduras. I really hope that one day I'll be able to see him face to face and tell him just how much I love him. What a wonderful day that will be! 
  I often wonder what life is like for him and I can't wait for that first letter to give me a small glimpse. I wonder if he lives in the "really bad" part of town, over run by gangs, or the parts that aren't as bad. What kinds of things does he play with? What kind of imagination does he have? My thoughts are endless.
When I look at his picture, I'm often overcome with the feeling to just pull him into my arms. I know that's impossible seeing as how were countries apart, but I hope that it does happen one day.
In just this short time, being a sponsor has changed my life. I am educating myself on the conditions of the world and not just turning a 'blind eye'. I'm learning how I can make a difference and change even one persons life. I want to help little Alejandro and his family to grow in their faith and to encourage them. I want to have works and faith, because faith without works is nothing.  James 2:14 "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?"

So I encourage everyone, to have works and faith. We need to have both if we want to live for Christ.


* Andrea *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!