Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Changing me...

  Lately, I've been feeling changes in my heart. I've been feeling as if God is preparing me for something. I don't know what he has in mind, but I'm trying to be open to any and all ideas. That's difficult for me to do because I'm a person who doesn't do all that well with big changes (I guess that's probably most of us!), but I have to remember that as a child of God, he asks some pretty big stuff from us sometimes. Remember when God asked Abraham to offer his son Issac (Genesis 22)? That is a serious request. Can you imagine laying your son down on the altar and getting ready to kill him? How did Issac respond? What did Abraham say to him? I can't imagine it. But look at what the Lord says to him when he rewards him: "I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,  and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." (Genesis 22: 17-18)
So, reading that it gives me a bit more courage and strength to be able to say " OK God, I'm ready and willing." Then let him show me what he wants from me. Maybe it's nothing right now but just to start preparations in my heart for the future, maybe it's something that to me is small but to him is big. All I can do is pray and wait. I'm really not good at the waiting part. He sure is teaching me how to though!!
   So, as I continue to pray and wait, I'm trying to get my body into shape. Those of you who know me well, know that I don't like to exercise. I have always wanted to be a 'fit' woman. Not a person who exercises constantly but does enough just to keep in shape. Now that I have a daughter, that's even more important to me. I want her to grow up enjoying things that help keep her in shape and healthy. But in order for her to want to do it, she has to see her mom work out (I guess I should learn to like exercising!).  It's just like anything else, the more you do it, the more you enjoy it. Right? Oh I hope so!

If you have any tips on how I can enjoy working out, I'd love to hear them!

God Bless!!

* Andrea *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!