Friday, July 8, 2011

A Super Happy Mail Day!

   Last night when I went to check my mail, there was nothing in it except these two envelopes:

IMG_1023

So you can only imagine how excited I was!

It was even more exciting for me to open them up and see that they were both from Nsengimama!

IMG_1021

I have not heard from him yet so I was very excited!

The first letter was just introducing us to him. This is what he said:

“Dear Andrea & Timothy Sawatzky, Nsengimana Claude greets you in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. He is very glad to thank you very much for being his sponsor and may God bless you. Your child (meaning him) is now in senior 4 and studies are going well so he asks you to often pray for him to be clever and he wishes to proceed his studies at university after high school. Now in Rwanda it’s raining, what about over there? Your child requests you to send him your photo because he is eager to see you, may God continue to be with you.” 

In the second letter he said:

Dear Andrea & Timothy Sawatzky,  I first of all greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. How are you with your family? For me, I am very fine together with my family. God keeps on protecting us well. I was very much pleased with your letter. I am studying in S4 and my studies are going well. I was very much pleased with your familys picture with snow. The God who let me know you is very God. We are in very rainy season here in our Country, you told me it was very cold there at yours, how is it now? I still thank you very much for being my sponsor, may God keep protecting you with your family. May God keep protecting you.”

I just love his constant focus on God throughout the entire letter. It’s such a good reminder for us to keep our focus on him at all times and to praise him constantly. I’m so happy that he wants to go to university and I pray that he will be able to. It’s so great to see the ambition that he has to change his future. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to write to him and I look forward to getting to know this young man better, in the months and years to come. 

Have you heard from your sponsor child lately? I would love to hear about it.

 

Have a great weekend!

*Andrea*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!