Friday, July 1, 2011

A Lifeline For A Lifetime

   Can you imagine this is the water that you drink every day?

                           water

This is reality for millions of children around the world.

I’m not telling you this to guilt you into something. I’m not good at that, nor do I like to be treated that way. So, I won’t do it to you. I will, however, share something that I recently heard with you, so that we are better educated about the conditions of the world and how we can help.

Compassion International started a program called “Water For Life” http://www.compassion.com/water-filters.htm which provides water filters to a child and their family for only $55 (U.S. funds) . It’s a one time donation that will change lives. This water filtration system cleans over 1 MILLION gallons of water.

                       img_pump

That is enough water for one family for their lifetime. That is enough clean water to help children who would otherwise get sick and possibly die from diseases like: Cholera and Typhoid. Diseases that are easily preventable. Diseases that you and I don’t ever worry or even think about, but they kill over 4,000 children everyday.

Right now, Compassion has filtration systems in Haiti, Rwanda, Guatemala & Ghana. Seeing as how my two correspondence boys live in Rwanda, I’m saving up to give the gift of clean water. Want to join me?

Let’s do this. Let’s give the gift of clean water to those who need it most. Let’s show them what love can do. Lets spread the word, tell your friends, neighbours, co-workers and let’s see how many filtration systems we can give by the end of summer. Summer is sooo hot, Wouldn’t a nice, cold glass of clean water be great?

Let me know when you donate a filtration system (or are part of a donation)  http://www.compassion.com/water-filters.htm. Leave me a comment and let’s see how many we can give!

*Andrea*

 

If anyone is interested in donating with me, you can click on the ChipIn widget on the side and donate securely through paypal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!