Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Finally!

Hello everyone, I hope you had a great weekend!
So, yesterday I went to the mail ( like I have been almost every day) with very high hopes to see if the picture of my sponsor child came. I am very happy to say that yes it finally did!! I was so excited that I stayed parked right in front of the mailbox and checked out the contents. So, here I am with my truck parked right in front of the mailbox reading my mail. I mean, who does that? Apparently me. Especially when you get what you have been waiting for. Of course, as soon as I told my daughter that I had the picture, she wanted to see too. It was a very exciting trip to the mail to say the least!

So now, I'm finally able to introduce all of you to our newest addition!

Meet  Alejandro
He's from Honduras, and he's three years old.

Isn't he adorable?
Alejandro lives in a very poor community. The average MONTHLY wage is $82.00. Can you imagine? That doesn't even cover our phone bills! Never mind everything for a whole month. His father is a farmer and his mother stays home with the kids. He only has one sibling I don't know if it's a boy or girl cause we only just started to sponsor him. What really surprised me was how much $41.00 a month could do. With our sponsorship, Alejandro Gets Bible teaching, Medical checkups, health and hygiene education, academic support, group games, birthday parties, uniforms, shoes, and school supplies. Isn't that incredible? On top of all that the staff also provides evangelism to his parents. What a blessing!
     So when you sponsor through Compassion, you not only pay for their basic needs, you also give them and their parents the gift of learning alot about Jesus. That really makes it worth it to me. So, if your curious about sponsoring a child, or just want some more info, go to http://www.compassion.ca/ . I really encourage everyone to sponsor a child and change a life. Your not just changing one life, but many.
     If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!


Have a blessed day!

* Andrea *
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!