Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

   It seems that these days were always thinking about things that we need or want. So I wanted to dedicate today's post to things that I'm thankful for.

Things that I'm thankful for are: 

First and foremost I have to say God. Because without his grace, mercy and never-ending love, I would not be who I am today. God is not even close to done working in me but I would like to say that I feel I've changed at least a bit.

I am very thankful for my Husband. He is an excellent leader of our home and provider. He is the realist in our home and I'm the dreamer. Without him I'm sure I would have made a million more dumb decisions! I'm not always a clear thinker when I have a great idea so when I ask his advice it's usually NOT what I want to hear but that's a very good thing. He keeps me grounded. I am very thankful that I am married to him!

I am very thankful that God saw fit to bless us with two wonderful children. My kids are so full of life and they bring me so much joy! They also remind me often that they are mischievous! As a parent, you need to have a sense of humor. That's something I have to remind myself at times.

I am thankful that I am an auntie! My niece and nephew are such wonderful little people. I love watching them grow and seeing their little personalities come out.

I am thankful that God gives me the energy and strength to be able to babysit so that I can also help contribute to our finances. It sure takes a lot of energy some days though!

I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family who love me despite me faults. I am not easy to love sometimes but I'm very glad that they still do. Life is so much happier when you have people who care for you! You know who you are, Thanks so much!

I am thankful that I love to bake! I know that it sounds silly but I really do! I go through spells where I don't do a lot of baking but it is a lot of fun for me. My favourite stuff to bake is probably bread, or stuff that needs yeast. I like to experiment in my baking and it's so exciting when it turns out!

I am also very thankful for my Compassion boys. They have taught me (without saying anything because I haven't received a letter yet) how we need to show love to everyone and how very different our world really is. I'm really looking forward to getting to know them!


     So there you have it. Just a few things that I'm very thankful for. These are not in order (except God is #1) and not even close to everything. Just a short list of things that came to mind as I wrote this post.  I encourage everyone to make a list and look at it from time to time. It helps to keep you humble.


Have a great day!

*Andrea*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!