Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Joy Of Spring

      Ahhh, spring is in the air. Can you feel it? It has finally come to southern Manitoba, with it's wonderful smell and it's promise of something new. I really love spring. I have an extra bounce in my step and a new song in my heart. Even though it's dirty and messy, spring feels so clean. It smells new, fresh and crisp. It makes you want to go outside at every opportunity and just sit and soak up the sun.
   This year, winter has felt like it's been here forever. Manitoba winters are always very cold. If the temperature isn't cold, then we have a biting wind chill that chills you to the bone. So when the first signs of spring come, us Manitobans get really excited! We start spring cleaning, we get outside more, we are generally a lot more cheerful too! It's a really fantastic season!
    Seeing as how spring is here now, I think it's time I change (or get?) a daily routine. I was reading a blog post the other day on "Blogging from the boonies" (www.meeshimama.blogspot.com) and she was sharing how she keeps her home organized. So I gave it some thought and decided that it's time for me to have a 'chore' list. In the past when I've shared my frustration with my husband about how I have a hard time getting stuff done some days, he told me to write it down. In my mind, I just pictured a list that I would make each day. Instead, in this post she said how she has a daily list (things she does every day) and a weekly list. She also shared what was on her list (Thanks!). I'm a visual person, so seeing the kinds of things that would be on a daily list made it seem so simple. So, I've decided to give this a shot. So far I've been able to keep up, however, I have a short list for now until I get into routine. I've never been very good at having a routine so let's see how this one works out!!


Happy Spring Everyone!!

* Andrea *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!