Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesdays Thoughts

     Today has been a fairly productive day so far! I'm very excited about that. I have 5 kids in my home to take care of today and I've written letters to my sponsor boys, vacuumed my floors, cleaned up my room, fed all the kids and put 2 down for naps while the other 3 have quiet time. All in all, I feel as if I'm right on track with my day. I feel very peaceful today which is amazing because I didn't have a good sleep last night so I expected to be not as happy as usual. I'll admit I was a bit grumpy this morning until I did my devotions. It's so awesome how devotions and a prayer can change you and your day! I just love how God is at work in me when I open myself and let him in.
     I was reading a blog post earlier about Honduras and it really made me want to go see my little Alejandro. Oh how I hope that some day we can meet him! His sweet little face on my fridge (and on my blog) makes me think about him often. I also think about him a lot now because as I prepare for my daughters 4th birthday, I am getting his birthday stuff ready to send. With the amount of time that it takes for letters to travel, I need to send things 2-3 months in advance if I want him to receive them by his birthday. So, as I'm planning things for Arielle, I can't help but wonder what he will do for his birthday and if he'll receive any gifts. I will be sending him some money so that he will get a birthday gift, but I'm curious as to what it might be. I am very thankful that through sponsorship, compassion also has birthday parties for the kids. I can't wait for him to write and tell me what they did.
   I'm really thankful that we are able to sponsor a child. Through this experience ( it has only been a few months) my eyes have really been opened and my heart has learned to love more.

   1John 3:23 "And this is his command: to believe in the name of his son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us".


* Andrea *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you!